WELCOME TO MY VIRTUAL KITCHEN

Jan 10, 2012

GINGER FISH

Whenever we dine out at Ruchi Restaurant Abudhabi my hubby orders ginger fish .He and I like it quite a lot .because of this addiction I wanted to try this at home I googled for sometime but I didn't get a satisfying enough recipe ,I have Dr Lakshmi Nair's cookery book but never checked  it. I didnt get any recipe from google so I thought of Nair's book .then  found ginger chicken recipe .I made that with white fish fillet .I got frozen white fish fillet from MEFROZE Abudhabi,result was good  I added only light soy sauce so my ginger fish didn't turn out too dark...


INGREDIENTS
fish fillet         -500gms
onion chopped -1
ginger chopped  -1
celery chopped   -2 tbsp
soy sauce             -1to 2 tsp
tomato sauce        -1 tsp
chilly sauce           -1tsp
oil                         -1tbsp
cornflour               -1to 2 tsp
fish stock or water  -1 cup
oil for fry
spring onion
FOR BATTER
egg     -1
cornflour     -3tsp
flour        -2tsp
ginger paste-1 tsp
salt

METHOD
make batter  ,heat oil in kadai. dip the fish cubes in batter and fry till light brown.
Heat 1 tbsp oil and saute ginger ,onion,celery .add soy-sauce saute for a mnt ,then add tomato sauce & chilly sauce ,add fried fish mix  ,mix   water [fish stock] with cornflour  .pour this and adjust seasonings.when it start to boil will get thick then turn off. add spring onion.
if you want add pepper powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment