I got this recipe from Nestle .I decided to try this out because of date flavor. Got obsessed with Nestle's picture ,,so here I m sharing with you all .so enjoy your cheesecake with date flavor ,Happy weekend.
- 1 cup tea biscuits or 100 g, crumbled (I used graham choco crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup sugar or 100 g
- ½ cup water or 125 ml
- 1 cup dried dates or 200 g, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup liquid cream or 250 ml, chilled
- 1½ cups cream cheese or 300 g
- 1 tin NESTLÉ® Cream or 170 g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1½ tablespoons gelatine powder, dissolved in 4 tablespoons hot water
For the date jelly topping:
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water or 85 ml
- ¼ cup date syrup or 65 ml
- 1/3 cup water or 85 ml, cold
Combine biscuit crumbs, butter and honey. Rub the ingredients using fingertips. Press the biscuit mixture over the base of 20cm loose bottom cake pan.
In a small saucepan, place the sugar, water and the chopped dates and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes then set aside to cool to a room temperature.
Whip the fresh liquid cream for 5-6 minutes or until it is almost firm and set in the fridge.
Beat cream cheese, NESTLÉ® Cream , vanilla and the cooled date mixture until they are well combined. Add the whipped cream to the cheese mixture and mix to combine all.
Pour the dissolved gelatin over the cheesecake mixture with constant stirring.
Pour the cheese mixture evenly over the prepared base and place in the fridge for ½ hour or until its almost firm.
Strain and pour the date jelly topping over the top and set in the fridge for 3 hours minimum or until its firmed and easy to slice.
To make date jelly topping: Place the gelatin and the boiled water in a mixing bowl, stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add the date paste and the cold water and stir.