- 2 (8-oz.) pkgs. Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil
- Optional: marinara sauce
- Cut cheese crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Lay slices flat and cut in half lengthwise.
- Combine flour and red pepper; stir well. Combine bread crumbs and parsley in another bowl; stir well. Dip cheese sticks in beaten eggs. Dredge in flour mixture. Dip coated cheese in egg again; dredge in bread crumb mixture, pressing firmly so that crumbs adhere. Place cheese sticks on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze at least 30 minutes.
- Fry cheese sticks in 375-degree deep oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with marinara sauce, if desired.
- recipe Courtesy ;MY RECIPE